Wednesday, December 29, 2010

End of year + Finish Everything = Madness.

This year has flown by. Like fast. With the creation of Witness Uganda along with Be the Change (Uganda) applying for our official 501c3 status, everyone involved in this massive overhaul have pretty much lost their minds.

Me being first.

WHY I'VE LOST MY MIND, by Griffin Matthews

When I moved to LA, a year ago, I was optimistic and confident that it was the right decision. I felt I had no other option. Staying in NYC and braving another Winter Armageddon felt impossible. Moving home to Pittsburgh (while I do love the Steelers) felt like retirement. And moving to Uganda...never even crossed my mind.

So off to the West I went and discovered that it was indeed my new home. A place where I could re-invent myself. My purpose. My work. The organization. Rekindle friendships. And uncover dreams.
But all of those things take time and patience and HELP. Lots of it.

So I have to publicly thank my co-writer, best friend and beyond, Matt Gould, for walking this crazy journey of the overhaul of all things Uganda 2010. We haven't slept. We haven't eaten. And we've officially lost our minds, but gained a story that we are truly excited share!

We are proud to announce that Witness Uganda will receive it's world premiere this summer at The Boston Court Theater in Pasadena, July 23rd 2011!

CLICK TO VIEW WITNESS UGANDA PRESS RELEASE
Leslie Odom Jr, during a reading of "Witness Uganda"


Be the Change (Uganda), as I said above, has been on an endless overhaul this year with so many things coming at us rapid fire that we, too, have lost our minds...

With the announcement of the show, BTC(U) had to fly the coop and apply for our own non-profit status with the government. *No more check writing to Invisible Children* though we do thank our friends for their love and support!

In a few short weeks, we will unveil our new website...for real for real...and share some ridiculously exciting news that keeps me up at night!

Another reason I haven't slept...

Robert Fura



 Uganda continues to bring us joy! We celebrate yet another student of ours Robert Fura who graduates from Makerere University in January with a degree in Information Technology! It's been a long 5 year struggle for Robert, but we are proud of him!

As well as our other graduate Aorone Mutyaba who will also make the "University Walk" in January!

CLICK TO DONATE TO BE THE CHANGE UGANDA



Aorone Mutyaba
 And the final reason that I have officially lost my mind:

We have been planning an amazing party with my good friends in NYC who have graciously teamed up with BTC(U) to throw the sickest New Years Eve Bash EVER! A portion of the proceeds will go towards our students' tuition for the spring semester.

Thank you: Tyler Armstrong, Nathalie Krup, Mason McCulley, Matthew Turke, Joseph Morales, Taylor Dunham, Kristin Goodwin, Shannan Smith, Matt Gould, Woody McHales, and artist Kelly Finlaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is hope here...

There is hope here...
three boys on top of "Peace Mountain" overlooking Lake Victoria